Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth!

3
Alright! Time for another blog...

What do i want to talk about this time....

Ah yes how about a little bit of my past? Any objections? Like a give a crap this is my blog!

I don't have a lot of memories of before I was in kindy.

The very first thing i remember is me at 2 and a half years old reading a spot book out loud to my Nan while she cuddled me before tucking me in.

After that It's me running out of a house and getting a door slammed into my face. And i remember falling to the ground and seeing trees but they were all spinning around in circles and I was screaming out and crying my eyes out. I don't know why but I'm actually quite fond of that memory.

I also remember going to a park with my parents and brother and climbing up this rope ladder...well trying to at least. They could all do it, but I just couldn't manage to climb as high as they could without being scared out of my wits. Even to this day I want to go back there and climb that ladder, even though in reality I know that it probably isn't more than three meters high...Still it feels like unfinished business to me. And if it's still there now I don't see me being able to ask my parents where they took me as a child with them remembering it.

And then there was preschool... I remember that very vaguely.

My brother and I are really close in age. We are only 18 months apart from each other. So throughout most of our life we've been going to school together and I've always been the one who was the big brother and having to look out for him. I like that. Sometimes I feel like it was unfair to put all that responsibility on my shoulders...especially considering that we are both basically the same age, but I'm glad I could look out for him in the times that I could... and it breaks my heart when I reflect on the times I couldn't be there to protect him, It hurts me almost more than anything I've ever experienced that I couldn't protect him. I'd take another one of those break ups any day.

So me and my brother went to the same pre school. I remember the plastic cups we used to drink out of, the fairy bread and i remember the mattresses with the dinosaurs on them and our names for nap time. If I think back hard enough I think I can almost remember the smell of the place. The thing i remember most about that place was nap time though.

I used to always wait for my brother to go to sleep first and then make sure that everyone else in the room was asleep and that my brother was safe before I dropped off to sleep. And it really is crazy when I think about it because when I woke up everyone in the room had vanished except for my brother and me. They were always, every single time, awake before we were. But Garry was still there, sleeping. And I'd always walk over and check he was breathing and sit there waiting for him to wake up before we went outside.

I made my first friend ever in preschool. His name was Nicholas...but I couldn't pronounce that and so I kept calling him necklace instead. I really did try to say his name right...oh well and that's how I lost my first ever friend in my life.

After that I have just one more memory before starting primary school. I think about it and it terrifies me. I woke up one morning with only those memories, and the name of my brother. I got out of bed and knew my mum for my mum and my dad for my dad. But try as hard as I could I couldn't remember anything else. It terrified me.

Also, Interesting little bit of family history. My great grandmother just turned 100 years old. She got a letter from the queen, and Kevin Rudd before he was booted out. Also Gillard hahaha! Oh and the governor general. I want those one day!
And not long ago I found out my pop was in prison in his lifetime and I found it hilarious! I'm going to disclaim the following story by saying it was a different time and my pop grew up poor as one of like 9 siblings.

My pop stole a safe from the army! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! He knocked out a milkman, took his truck, drove into an army base, stole a safe, drove out and got away with it!!! Until that is he tried it a second time *facepalm* hahaha! So he did time.

Also scary but unsurprising bit of family history...Does anyone recall Ivan Milat? Well apparently he used to be a good friend of My grandparents...also he used to babysit my mother and her siblings. BAHAHAHAHAHA...hilarious. Not only that, I found in a biography of his that my grandad is on record saying the he thinks he was innocent and wrongly accused.

Oh what a hilariously silly family I have.

Time to wrap this up. I'll try to do this stuff more often.

Closing Statements...apparently a version of the male pill is in human trial. You take it, and for 3 months you can get a girl preggers.

3 Response to Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth!

04 July, 2010 10:07

hahaha Ivan Milat babysat ur mum rofl

My symbol in preschool were GRAPES XD and I was always the last one to wake up =[

I liked this blog, I love how dedicated you are to your brother ^.^

AND my blog is not on private: http://xximaginatexx.blogspot.com/
There's a pic from ur bday there if u scroll down ^.^

11 July, 2010 22:14

Nice blog dude, gives me an idea if what pre school was like seeing as I never went. By the way you said the pill CAN get a girl pregnant for 3 months..hmm lol

13 July, 2010 15:49

ugh typo

Post a Comment