Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What the...Anecdote?

0
So a while back in my Analytical Reading and Writing class they also told us to write a funny anecdote. Now I'm not too sure about what an anecdote is, but I'm pretty sure it just means recount a story. So here it is.

Analytical Reading & Writing


Write a funny anecdote that has happened recently to you or a friend (approximately half a page in length) -


About a month ago I went to see a movie with some friends. We went to see the movie Inception.

I thought it was an average movie. For me it didn't really live up to the hype that everyone was giving it. I felt that it had too many characters in it and none of them with enough depth for the screen time they were given. The only characters I felt had enough depth to them was the Leonardo Di'caprio part and the Asian dude.

I suppose for the role that he played the cheeky British guy that played the sort of rogue roll also had “enough” depth for the amount of screen time he was given and the role that he played.

But what I really felt was lacking was the depth for the suave sleek haired man that I feel was just put in for sex appeal for the ladies. They could have done a lot more with his character. Also the co-lead, the “Juno” girl, didn't have nearly enough depth. I would have liked to seen a lot more from her.

The other thing I found was that the movie didn't really give enough explanation to the universe they set. But I suppose that this isn't necessarily a flaw, it just left something to be desired.

Other than that the movie was very engaging and it was very much a crowd pleaser. We really got into it and the most hilarious thing was, just at the end of the movie when he spins his top to try and see if he is in a dream or not the screen goes black.

Everybody in the cinema at that exact moment sighed and then immediately laughed. It was a good night out at the movies.


Well there it is. Ciao

No Response to "What the...Anecdote?"

Post a Comment