Saturday, July 2, 2011

It sucks to be a cripple, but I have the best friends in the world.

0
So the last time I blogged properly on this blog it was the day before my birthday. Shit has happened since then...

  • We went to the city and enjoyed a night of karaoke
  • Kerrie lost me money by getting too drunk and throwing up all night... To be fair Dave and Kev threw up everywhere too.
  • We all got together and did some stuff before the party at Nat's house
  • I don't yet seem to be able to properly piece together some of that night, but I reckon I got most of it and dude it was awesome.
  • The night ended tragically for me when the man who had been abusing the term "best friend" to make me do shit for him every time he couldn't act like an adult for the past few years broke my leg... I'm not saying he did it on purpose, I'm saying his actions caused it and he hasn't even began with an apology.
  • Spent majority of the next day hospitalized.
  • The next day was pretty much rest.
  • Back the the hospital for like 3 days ish for surgery. I hope they put my leg back together because I haven't really heard about what shit they did to my leg yet...
  • Nat and Luu busted me out. We went and ate at Ribs and Rumps... delicious.
  • Spent the rest of the night at Nat's house which was pretty cool.
  • Spent the next day resting.
And now I think we are at today.

Foolishly I believed that even with my broken leg I could spend a day in the city no troubles... This day did not do a lot for my self esteem. Being wheeled around isn't as cool as you think it is... especially for a big dude... I felt horrible today.

Also, not easy getting around in a rickety old wheel chair. Constantly looking for a way into any of the places in the city we went today. I had to hop up the steps to the convention center today. Of course there was an easier way in... Garry and I just didn't know it.

Being butt high to everyone... not cool... very not cool... I feel bad for short people... the air is not fresh down there...

Other unpleasantness... all in all... I HATE HAVING A BROKEN LEG.

Despite all of this, I had a good day. The optimist in me was firmly on the surface and I enjoyed the food and wine festival and I had a really good time with all the people today, they are all really awesome people and all of them went out of their way today to help me and make me feel still wanted LOL... It's nice to have great friends.

We helped Garry pull Ajay's number properly... hahaha he is awesome.

Me and Gaz finished up the night by seeing Transformers 3... I really enjoyed it. But I like to be entertained.

Oh also... My wheelchair broke in the city today... not easy getting back to the car... But thanks to Dave for saving the day.

No Response to "It sucks to be a cripple, but I have the best friends in the world."

Post a Comment