Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The leg... It's still broken...

3
So I went to the doctors today... And found out that due to extensive nerve damage in my leg I'll never be able to use my leg in any real capacity ever again.

And then I woke up from that horrible dream and realized I was late for my real doctors appointment.

So I raced all the way to Campbelltown and escaped a short spurt of rain by seconds. When I got into the doctors office he showed me X-rays of my leg. They were fucking insane. The metal in my leg will not be coming out... This will make traveling a little tricky.

Then I hopped up on the table and he took off my cast. At first it was like FREEDOM! And then I was like "OMG it REEKS! Put it back onnnnn!!!" Not really. the cut on my leg where they operated was massive and covered in blood and shit. I didn't need a cast after all, all I need is my boot XD.

Good times. And... It might just be his operating ego and shit but he said, aside from the pain I'll experience whenever it's really cold and the stiffness and months of rehabbing my leg into walking again... I won't have a limp for the rest of my life XD... just for a long time.

Annnnnnd. I might be able to start walking on it by the time Queensland is here! YAY! Maybe... I'll have to see. He doesn't want me to walk on it for another 8 weeks, but I shall heal my leg!

The downside is things are starting to get expensive. With today's visit and the visit before Queensland and then the subsequent doctor and physio appointments this is probably going to cost me a fair bit. Already down almost $300 (This does not include all the surgery and hospital stuff and the drugs and the doctor appointments I've had between now and then =(

But no life long injury is pretty cool XD

3 Response to The leg... It's still broken...

26 July, 2011 15:05

Hehe stinky foot. But Yayyyy good news! Just make sure u take his advice to heart! If you start walking before that it might push ur healing back even further.

Are u going to Queensland regardless?

26 July, 2011 22:01

Woo oh rightttttt! Listen to Andrea

27 July, 2011 23:09

yup yup. Still going to Queensland. I'll take him an x-ray to see if I'm all healed up.

Post a Comment